Top 7 Flowers for Celebrating Your Anniversary
From blushing roses that exudate romance to graceful lilies bearing the symbol of peace and prosperity, flowers are a great way to convey your love and affection for your favourite person. Some might arguably say that flowers are a clichéd gift of choice, but to an anthophile, there can be nothing better than bright and vibrant flowers. Though all flowers are unique, some have gained the prestigious title of becoming ‘anniversary flowers’ that are simply perfect for the occasion.
On an average Singaporeans spend USD 100 on regular days and USD 150 on special occasions such as anniversaries, birthdays, New Year’s, etc. Wondering what flowers would be the perfect gift for your anniversary? Dive in to find out!
Here are some of the flowers for the perfect anniversary gift
- Carnations: If yours is a new and youthful love, the initial years should be filled with excitement, romance, and adventure. A carnation bouquet is perfect for expressing the youthful excitement of love. Carnations are a symbol of devotion and passion. Horticulturists believe that the vibrancy of the colours in carnations can boost the mood of the receiver.
- Tulips: With so many varieties of Tulips to choose from, you’ll never have to second guess your choice of gifting flowers as an anniversary gift. Tulips have been the central theme of Dutch paintings due to their vibrant and compatible colour palette. According to florists, the centre of the Tulip is said to represent the heart of the lover which is kept safe by the surrounding petals. Perhaps this belief is what makes Tulips the perfect anniversary flower.
- Daisies: Daisies are a symbol of eternal love and fidelity; hence they are another popular choice of flowers for anniversaries. The most popular colour of daisy is white symbolizing innocence. Traditional anniversary colours include blue or pink daisies which look beautiful. Surprise your partner with their favourite daisies in a beautiful wooden vase.
- Lilies: Who doesn’t love lilies? Lilies are one of the most popular choices of flowers given as a gift. Not only do they last longer compared to other flower species, but they also have an attractive appeal as well. Lilies are popularly associated with true devotion and admiration. When it comes to conveying the message of love and affection towards your partner, nothing speaks louder than gifting a beautiful bouquet of lilies.
- Hydrangeas: Hydrangeas have a reputation for being ornamental flowers. They have a variety of colours, such as pink, blue, white, and purple. Hydrangeas represent the emotion of love as it deepens over the years. Love has different forms, and the various colours of hydrangeas represent the various kinds of love making it a perfect anniversary gift.
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers are joyous, vibrant, and passionate. Sunflowers were a token of passion in the olden days when lovers were courting each other. Sunflowers are vibrant and joyous as their namesake, the Sun. It represents the difficult and happy times of the relationship and is one of the perfect gifts for an anniversary.
- Roses: Roses are a classic that can never fail to surprise your loved one. A beautiful red rose bouquet will fill your partner with awe and appreciation and is perhaps one of the best ways to show your partner your love.
If you’re looking for the best flowers for your anniversary, the Prince Flower Shop can help! Visit their website and check out their best-selling anniversary bouquets today!