Sorry, nothing in cart.
Lily Bouquet in Singapore
The word “lily” is derived from the Old English lilie from Latin Lilium and Greek leirion. Each variety of lilies epitomises a different meaning. However, the most common meaning of the flower is purity and fertility. The innocent and scintillating beauty of the lilies has associated them with purity and rebirth. Lily bouquets are perfect gifts for every occasion. Ranging from weddings to other events like birthdays and baby showers, lilies symbolise the rejuvenation of the soul.
From the name and myths associated with it to the meaning of the flower itself, there is so much hidden expression in the beautiful bloom. However, the intrigue makes the flower interesting for different special occasions. Want to find out more? Here is a guide on lilies from Prince’s Flower Shop.
Interesting Facts About Lilies
- While most people believe that all lilies are fragrant, only the white lily and the tiger lily are fragrance-free. If you are planning an indoor flower bouquet, ensure you get one of those two flowers.
- Lilies are perennial plants, which means they may live (and thrive!) in the wild without much help from humans. They bloom in the spring and summer and then hibernate in the winter. They are also resourceful, as they can grow from both a bulb and a seed, and can reach heights of two to six feet depending on the species.
- The lily attracts insects with its huge colourful blossoms and tasty nectar, making it ideal for pollinators. Some lilies are pollinated by the wind, while others are pollinated by bees!
- Lilies feature big petals in a variety of colours, including white, yellow, orange, red, purple, and pink which makes the flower look stunning in flower arrangements. They’re allowed to have freckles! The Tiger Lily is so named because of its orange with brown markings.
Mythological Facts About Lilies
Through ages, lilies have had many associated meanings. However, one of the most common associated mythological tales is the story of Seus and Hera. The tale of the Greek God and Goddess gave lilies their meaning at it still holds today- purity and rebirth.
According to legend, Seus wanted Hercules to sip Hera’s milk when he was a baby. She disagreed because Hercules was born to a different lady. Seus took Hercules to sip Hera’s milk when she was sleeping to get him some milk. When she awoke and realised what had happened, she pushed them away, and the milk drops that had fallen on the ground bloomed into lilies which symbolise purity and rebirth.
Where Did Lilies Actually Come From?
There are an estimated 80-100 types of lilies that grow wild all over the world. However, the lily is most usually found in warm climates in the northern hemisphere, such as Asia, Europe, and North America.
The lily was once only found in forests, grasslands, marshes, and mountains. However, it can now be grown from a bulb practically anyplace with the correct weather. It’s a hardy flower that has survived the test of time and resurfaced numerous times throughout human history. Lilies are adored by all. From the Egyptians, who considered the lily to be sacred, to the Romans, who used lilies to fill their pillows, the lily has a long history.
Occasions Where Gifting Lily Bouquets Are Appropriate
There is a wide range of lilies in the Singapore market and they are the perfect gift for almost every occasion. You can gift lilies for:
- Friendship Day
- Baby showers
- Convocation Ceremonies
- Get well soon, and more
How To Arrange a Lily Bouquet?
If you want to arrange lily flowers in a bouquet the rule of thumb is to include large flowers with the parts arranged in three. Our florists also pair different types of lilies such as pink lilies, white calla lilies, calla lilies, and more for a more contrasting and vibrant effect.
How Long Can Lilies Last?
Lilies have one of the longest in-vase lifespans of any cut bloom, and removing pollen from their centres is a professional approach to make them last even longer. This will help keep the petals from staining.
Customise Your Lily Bouquet
Do you want to get free same-day delivery for your lily bouquet? Or are you searching for lily bouquet delivery for your big occasion? Well, whether you want a lavish lily bouquet of white and pink lilies or you want an adorable hand bouquet, we have an extensive collection of lily bouquets that are bewitching and cost-effective.
1. Is free delivery available for lily bouquets?
Yes, we do offer fresh delivery for lily bouquets.
2. Do you offer same-day delivery for lily bouquets?
Yes, we offer same-day delivery for lily bouquets as our services are also available for the eleventh-hour deliveries.
3. Do you have express delivery?
Yes, we do. At Prince Flower Shop, customer experiences are more crucial than anything. So, we do offer express delivery to make your lily bouquets reach you on time.
4. Can I gift lilies to anyone?
Why not? The flowers are beautiful, they represent peace and purity and the best part is some assortments of lilies smell heavenly. So, yes, you can gift them to anyone.
5. Can you customise my lily bouquet?
We do offer customised bouquets. Get in touch with us and specify your queries for getting a personalised bouquet.