Did you know the Singapore floriculture market was valued at USD 24399.6 thousand in 2020 and it is forecasted to reach USD 37017 by 2026? Why? Because flowers, have been associated with spiritual significance since ancient times and Singapore is no exception.
Almost all religious beliefs involve paying their respects to the ancestors or departed family members with flowers. Humans have been using flowers; as a part of funeral rites for more than 60,000 years. Although, unlike today’s intricate funeral arrangements, the origin of condolence flowers was simple. Traditionally flower petals were used to pay condolences to the dead, but today we have several florists providing the best funeral flower arrangements.
Why are flowers the best medium for offering your condolences?
- Greater Sentimental Value: Flowers are a great way to pay your tributes to the departed and wish them well on their journey to the afterlife. As for the family members, flowers can not only help them remind them of the happy times they spent with their departed family members but also find solace amid sorrow and restlessness.
- A memorable token of appreciation: Although flowers tend to wither over time, it reminds the receiver of how beautiful life can be in its prime. Flowers can act as mood boosters with their sweet fragrance and soothing colours. Funeral flowers can be a unique way to tell the mourners that you’re with them at every step of the way and you can relate to their grief.
- Visual representation of sympathy: We often cannot find the right words to express our condolences in grief and loss. Flowers are a great way for expressing emotions of sympathy, love, and affection without using words. It is vital to maintain relationships during times of grief; words alone cannot offer sufficient condolence.
What kind of flowers should you send to offer your condolences?
In earlier days, flowers, were used to mask the foul odour of the decaying body. Some religions also believed certain flowers and plants could ward off vengeful spirits. With the evolution of embalming techniques, people were able to manage to slow down the decaying process, but funeral flowers continued to be in trend. Today wreath flowers are common; they are used around the world to pay respects at a funeral or wake. Different colours of flowers represent various emotions. Here are a few flower colours to convey your message of condolence.
- White: White flowers represent purity, calmness, elegance, and eternal love. It is one of the main reasons people choose white flower wreaths or baskets.
- Blue: Blue flowers represent calmness, sympathy, and peace. All of these virtues are crucial emotions that hold a deeper meaning during such hard times.
- Purple: Purple flowers symbolize sorrow, empathy, and respect. Hence purple flowers are also a popular choice, when selecting flowers for a funeral or wake.
- Yellow: Yellow is a colour that symbolizes hope, warmth, and friendship, you can pick sunflowers or daisies as your choice of flower which can convey the message of your love and appreciation for the grieving family members.
If you’re looking for the best funeral wreath in Singapore, then Prince’s Flower Shop can help you find it. Visit their online website and get the best flowers for all your occasions today!